McGregor/Mayweather Fight

All about the money. In my opinion, and several people I spoke to about it, the fight is unbalanced before it even starts. Will this be McGregor's retirement funding? He will make the most he ever has.

Mayweather will win the boxing, no doubt. McGregor will win the MMA, UFc, fight. There are two completely different arenas.

As excited as I am to watch it, I know it will be a let down as a whole. I would love to see 2 legs, let Mayweather train on MMA for a while and foght McGregor on his turf.

As excited as I am to watch it, I know it will be a let down as a whole. I would love to see 2 legs, let Mayweather train on MMA for a while and foght McGregor on his turf.

Why? The reverse outcome would happen. Mayweather would get slumped the fucked over and destroyed in the Octagon. This is a situation where in the boxing world, Mayweather has all to lose and nothing to gain. If McGregor can hold his own against Mayweather boxing, that would easily make him a verifiable badass who is arguably the best P4P fighter in the world.

Mayweather getting his ass kicked in the Octagon by McGregor is really just expected, and really sad to watch.

If McGregor can hold his own. If being the keyword.

But I personally see McGregor getting thrashed in the boxing ring. It is all a matter of opinion at the end of the day. Its an unequal fight generalized to make profit, thats all it is. Two sportsmen from different sports trying to gain a better profit they can to boost on the internet.

I just don't see Conor getting his rear handed to him physically. I also think the score sheets will be extremely lopsided in favor of Mayweather.

I see the fight playing out pretty well for McGregor actually..
Thinking in regard to game plans of either men: counter striking. Floyd and Connor have made a living by not taking damage, and counter striking... Difference is, Connor counterstrikes with power, three punches maximum, whereas Floyd will counter with a 6 punch high low combo then get his ass to the other side of the ring.
The reason I see Connor having success against Floyd is precisely because Connor is not a boxer, he strikes from the outside, cutting angles and counter striking all day. Lot's of boxers, especially the heavy hitters that Floyd has fought like Canelo or Manny try their best to get inside to set up power strikes, and they just get thoroughly outstruck on the way inside, and by the time they get there, Floyd is gone.
Connor would not want to get inside, and this boxing match would look absolutely nothing like a traditional boxing match. Connor is much, much bigger than Floyd, and assuming they fight in the mid to high 140 range Connor would have twenty pounds on Floyd come the fight. This would be good because Connor doesn't utilize speed, so it won't effect him to put on the extra weight. Precision over power, timing over speed, and thats how Connor fights.

I do think it will happen, and if Connor wins it will be a KO or TKO (because Floyd gets knocked down way to many times) in the first 6 rounds. If Floyd wins, well I see a TKO because Connor can't fight for 36 minutes, or a UD because after 8 rounds or so Connor will barley be able to throw a punch.

@TLDR20
His second fight with Nate went 5 rounds.

I don't see this fight going the distance. Connor is so aggressive, far more aggressive than anyone Floyd has ever fought. Which means he either wears himself out and gets KO'd/TKO'd, or Floyd gets caught and KO'd. I could obviously be wrong, but I would be surprised to see this end with a judge's decision.

Seriously Mayweather is the best boxer at his weight class, ever? Undefeated, some random guy who has never fought more than 3 rounds is going to go the distance with him? I don't think so. There is in shape, then there is take punches for 12 rounds shape.

At most an MMA fight is 25 minutes? Have any of McGregirs fights gone that long? Many of Mayweathers fights go the full 36 minutes...
Just against Diaz, yeah. And the natural answer is, "Yeah, Mayweather has made a career off great defense and running away from stronger fighters only to win the last 6 rounds of boxing and winning on points. So what happens when a game fighter with actual power corners and forces Money to brawl, and not box?"

For the record this is a stupid fight for Conor, unless they are going to go full on MMA for the rematch (because Conor lost the boxing match).

I don't see this fight going the distance. Connor is so aggressive, far more aggressive than anyone Floyd has ever fought. Which means he either wears himself out and gets KO'd/TKO'd, or Floyd gets caught and KO'd. I could obviously be wrong, but I would be surprised to see this end with a judge's decision.
Mayweather does not have it in him to knock Conor out. No way. Maybe 15 years ago, sure. Mayweather hasn't hit anyone and hurt them since before Obama.

Mayweather wants like a 70% Take, which is not gonna happen. He'll get like 40%, which will be a huge pay day, bigger than he's ever had.
It's gonna be bigger than the $220 mil he got for the Pacquiao fight? Or his fight purse (non-PPV included) will be bigger as in percentage? I wanna say Floyd got 60% from the Manny fight.

Either way, I agree that the purse is gonna be huge and just like every other fight Floyd will secure a check before he entertains taking the fight.

It's gonna be bigger than the $220 mil he got for the Pacquiao fight? Or his fight purse (non-PPV included) will be bigger as in percentage? I wanna say Floyd got 60% from the Manny fight.

Either way, I agree that the purse is gonna be huge and just like every other fight Floyd will secure a check before he entertains taking the fight.
That's as a percentage of the take. I think that the PPV for this card will be ridiculous and could make him, the UFC, and Conor, much much richer.

That's as a percentage of the take. I think that the PPV for this card will be ridiculous and could make him, the UFC, and Conor, much much richer.
I don't know if Conor lets him take more than 50/50, Floyd finally met his ego match as far as that's concerned, but I totally agree with you. Potentially one of the most watched events ever.

I don't know if Conor lets him take more than 50/50, Floyd finally met his ego match as far as that's concerned, but I totally agree with you. Potentially one of the most watched events ever.

In my head I see it playing out with Mayweather getting 50%, UFC 20-25%, Conor 25-30% The reason Mayweather gets so much is because he's his own promoter.

Now...should Mayweather get that much...pretty sure Conor outdraws hime by a ton.

McGregor has been going full savage in these press conferences. They will probably end up being more entertaining than the fight itself. I do love seeing Floyd get outmatched on the mic. About fookin time.

ETA: Floyd's words just ring hollow because you know Conor would absolutely destroy him in a real fight. Floyd talks shit because he feels safe.

The presser did not disappoint. McGregor just fuckin cracks me up. Do I think he'll win? No, but I'll still be rooting for him.

Mayweather: "I don't care if it's a ring or it's an octagon, I will kick ass. I don't back down for anybody. You line them up and I will knock them down. On August 26, I'm gonna knock this bitch out too."

McGregor: "You haven't knocked anyone out in about 20 years."

LMFAO

Back