McGregor/Mayweather Fight

"He's in a track suit. He can't even afford a suit anymore."

:ROFLMAO:

How can you not love a world class shit talker?!

The presser did not disappoint. McGregor just fuckin cracks me up. Do I think he'll win? No, but I'll still be rooting for him.

Mayweather: "I don't care if it's a ring or it's an octagon, I will kick ass. I don't back down for anybody. You line them up and I will knock them down. On August 26, I'm gonna knock this bitch out too."

McGregor: "You haven't knocked anyone out in about 20 years."

LMFAO

This is what makes Mayweather's trash talking so comical. He does care if it's an octagon, and he does back down. If he was as tough as he talked, this would be a two fight event. One in the ring, and one in the octagon.

Last edited:
Some of the best shit talking I've ever seen.

He makes Mayweather sound like an amature. The promo tours are working, I'm actually considering buying the pay-per-view. One lucky shot, just one lucky shot and it would be worth the money to see Mayweather lying on the ground.

Mayweather is shifty and elusive, but the knockout power of McGregor....Damn. I just have a feeling if McGregor can get one good connect the fight will be over or be downhill from there on Mayweather's end. Either way definitely gonna be a good show to kill a couple beers to with the Gents.
Press conference's were a good show as well. "He carries a fookin school bag around like a little kid! HE CAN'T EVEN FOOKIN READ!"
McGregor never disappoints with his shit talking shenanigans :thumbsup:

McGregor is one of my favorite athletes, dude's a badass and it's good to have a sizable Irish presence in a popular sport. I still think Mayweather will win by virtue of experience but if anyone can make this crossover successfully, it's Conor.

McGregor is the undisputed shit-talking and sound bite king though.

Mayweather has been in the game for a LONG time and around the block more than a few times but McGregor's trash talk is on another level than any opponent he has ever faced. McGregor's game outside of the ring is astonishing. He gets everyone to go in the ring with him out of pure emotion (although some/a lot of the press conference arguments and media is just scripted hype tactics) but there is still some bad blood none the less and has them right in his hands. Whether he is the better fighter or not going into the ring he definitely has that going for him and I believe it is a major factor.

He makes Mayweather sound like an amature. The promo tours are working, I'm actually considering buying the pay-per-view. One lucky shot, just one lucky shot and it would be worth the money to see Mayweather lying on the ground.

I'm buying the PPV even if it's like the Aldo fight, over in 15 seconds. But I don't think it will be. McGregor in the 4th round with a KO.

This whole thing is fascinating the PR/advertising/pre-fight tour is pure genius.

- What in the sports world matters right now? NBA's done, MLB playoffs aren't for months, the NFL's regular season isn't until Sep., and NASCAR is months out. The timing of this is beautiful.
- Whther the fight's rigged or not, look at what's at stake. Mayweather's legacy, the money, and MMA replacing boxing (though you could maybe argue that's happened). Mayweather can't lose to McGregor at his game unless he wants to go down in history as "that guy." Making bank or not, I doubt he's fine with that end game. If McGregor wins MMA clearly surpasses boxing in revenue, visibility, and "cachet" for lack of a better term. The money? This isn't about one fight, think of any potential shift in sponsor dollars, TV/PPV, and betting from boxing to MMA.

I could be wrong, but I see this as something bigger than two personalities going at it in the ring.

Conor wore a CJ Watson jersey... and Draymond Green told him to take it off... and Conor said he had no idea who Dramond was... hilarity ensues. Holy shit this lead up has almost made me forget about the biggest card this year happening on Saturday.

Color me shocked :ack: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

All I know is that you didn't see Rocky Balboa and Clubber Lang riding in the same plane together.

As we get closer to this fight I am getting more concerned about a dance contest vs an actual fight.

Hundreds of tickets for Mayweather-McGregor fight unsold | Daily Mail Online

And while the price is likely prohibitive for most, there may also be a dose of skepticism over the feud.

For all the trash-talking and bravado both Mayweather and McGregor have shown, the two were pictured boarding the same private jet together on their promotional tour, sparking rumors the rivalry is all for show.

For all the trash-talking and bravado both Mayweather and McGregor have shown, the two were pictured boarding the same private jet together on their promotional tour, sparking rumors the rivalry is all for show.

Of course it is. Anybody at that level in fighting sports knows promotion's a big part of the job. Will it effect the fight itself? Again, they're professionals. And MMA fans in particular are used to seeing authentic damage.

If Mayweather and McGregor found themselves alone in a back alley somewhere, would they go at it? Only if there's a suitcase full of C-notes at their feet.

Last edited:
Color me shocked :ack: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

All I know is that you didn't see Rocky Balboa and Clubber Lang riding in the same plane together.

As we get closer to this fight I am getting more concerned about a dance contest vs an actual fight.

Hundreds of tickets for Mayweather-McGregor fight unsold | Daily Mail Online

And while the price is likely prohibitive for most, there may also be a dose of skepticism over the feud.

Well, they're not exactly what I'd call affordable: Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Tickets | Tickets.Expert.

Back