Mistakes

I'd ask your PSG for a sit down with your 1SG and plead your case and get a feel for where he is at on it. I agree with @LimaPanther and also know some dork in S1 can file 13 your shit just because they don't give a fuck.

If your 1SG/CSM are behind you and there are no other "deployment/training" reasons to hold you up, they can grease the tracks and get the ball moving. If your PSG tells some BS about not talking with your 1SG, then you already know you are marking time.

Tread lightly...

Alright, thank you for your replies and corrections. We just finished our training cycle back in October, and there is no talk of any deployment in the coming future @Diamondback 2/2 @LimaPanther

I also forgot to mention that my 41-87 has made it passed company and battalion level. Therefore, having the approval of my 1SG, CO, BC etc. isn't a problem,( as least that's what my PSG told me) I'll definitely hit up one of buddies in S1 and see if he could help out, so thanks.

@Ooh-Rah
another question I had for the group was, I'm just looking to future of when I finally do have everything together. I've sent it to recruiting...now, how long does the process usually take for 75th recruiting to review it, and give me the okay to have another shot at RASP?

^scratch that second part @Ooh-Rah just went to their frequently asked questions page and got my answer. I know how much y'all dislike answering questions when it has already been addressed somewhere else.

-It's a DA Form 4187, or just 4187, it's not a 41-87. Just an FYI.

-If one of my troops is sending a 4187 to me, I expect it to be complete and 100% correct before it gets to my desk, for a couple of reasons. First, I want to make sure I have all of the information necessary to make a decision. Second, I don't want to screw around with multiple passes of the same document. It wastes my time, and shows that the submitter isn't serious about making it happen. And finally, if you send something through me to higher and it gets to higher and something is dorked up on it, who's getting the phone call? Guess what, it's not you. It's annoying and discourteous to have to deal with multiple passes of something easy, and it really doesn't get much easier than a 4187. Take the time to get it right the first time. If you don't know, ask.

-You are your own career manager. I don't think it's a bad thing to provide a simple reminder to your immediate supervisor about something that has a pending deadline. While your request might be the #1 thing on their mind, I guarantee they have other things they are thinking about. I've reminded my superiors, and have been reminded by subordinates, about upcoming deadlines. Just do it is a professional and appropriate way and it should go fine.

Good luck, and I hope we see you on the site with a green tag some day.

Back