Mistakes

Hey y’all..know it’s been awhile since I gave an update, but I have some bad news. So I made it to mountains, but I unfortunately failed patrols both cycles. A real bummer, but I spoke to the SGT major and COL of RTB expressing my desire of how much I wanted to stay in Ranger school, I said I’d take even a day 0 if that’s my only option. They played some mind games of saying I needed to go home and but I held my ground which made them drop the act and gave me a day 0, but I did not have much time to recover which led to me failing the RPA on pushups (47). I am extremely disappointed, but I still not giving up. I’ll be heading back to my unit to retrain and recover. Then get back into the fight. I learned a lot of valuable lessons on what it means to lead and the qualities of a good leader by observing my fellow peers. I made a lot of good ranger buddies, that I know I’ll see somewhere down the line. But until then I’ll keep driving for that damn tab.

Hey y’all..know it’s been awhile since I gave an update, but I have some bad news. So I made it to mountains, but I unfortunately failed patrols both cycles. A real bummer, but I spoke to the SGT major and COL of RTB expressing my desire of how much I wanted to stay in Ranger school, I said I’d take even a day 0 if that’s my only option. They played some mind games of saying I needed to go home and but I held my ground which made them drop the act and gave me a day 0, but I did not have much time to recover which led to me failing the RPA on pushups (47). I am extremely disappointed, but I still not giving up. I’ll be heading back to my unit to retrain and recover. Then get back into the fight. I learned a lot of valuable lessons on what it means to lead and the qualities of a good leader by observing my fellow peers. I made a lot of good ranger buddies, that I know I’ll see somewhere down the line. But until then I’ll keep driving for that damn tab.
I failed pushups at the RPA on one of my (many) tries at school. The 48 club is real. You’ll go straight through next time.good attitude to have man.

Thanks @DasBoot even though I failed I’ve learned so much even though I didn’t make it though. About the material that’s been instructed to me and my flaws as a person. I’ll make sure to give y’all an update on when I start up again because like you said I’m sure I’ll crush that shit next time.

Onward and upward,

Dear Members of ShadowSpear,

I know it's been quite some time since I last logged on.

I tried to submit the vetting request today @Kaldak although for some reason when I get to the acknowledgement block it's saying my format is wrong? It may be just my shitty Mac that is having problems, so I'll head on over to the library tomorrow and try to get it sorted.

The reason I'm posting today is because 21 months ago I made a very poor choice which cost me the opportunity of being in a unit that I've wanted to be in my whole life. I have somewhat gained my footing back after graduating Ranger School and Airborne. Which I'm more than happy about, but since I've gotten back to my unit I've been just waiting on the okay on dropping my packet. Which I received in September from my PSG/PL.

As you could probably expect, I was ecstatic. I starting getting my recommendations from my chain, filling out my security pre screening questionnaire, and everything else needed to send it to recruiting. Although...I have hit a little bit of a snag with the 41-87 portion of the packet. I have sent it up on three separate occasions, two of those time it has gotten kicked back for small shit ie. not having a weapons card with it, and the most recent APFT I have taken.

Therefore, my leadership and I corrected the mistakes and sent it up for a third time. I've been waiting for over a month now for it to come back down, and I just feel completely in the dark on where it is. I believe my PSG is doing everything within his power to help, but I can't help feeling like I should do something. I don't wanna jump the chain to find out answers too because I am giving a perception to him that I think he's not doing his job. I need their approval to go, so that would be very counter intuitive to get on anyone's bad side.

I am also unable to get a letter of acceptance to attend RASP until I have everything put together and sent it. As for how long it takes for recruiting takes to process packets is another pressing issue on my mind. I'm feeling a little stagnant in this place, I appreciate the opportunities its given me, but I need to do something a more rewarding. Therefore, I am here to seek some guidance on some steps I can take on my part to wrap up this time consuming process.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wayoflife123 -

Take this as constructive criticism, that was a wall of text and not very easy to read. I get that people tend to make more errors when typing on their phones, but take the time to proofread, it really makes a difference.

I added some paragraphs to make it a little easier to follow; are there any specific questions that you have for the group?

Hang in there. Realize that the unit let you attend the Ranger Course twice and now they have a good leader back that they don't want to lose. They will drag out the paperwork as long as they can. If the unit is due for deployment soon they will wait till half way through the deployment. Just don't piss someone off. My grandson experienced basically the same thing. He was an E-5 and nominated to go to West Point. He submitted paperwork and it kept getting delayed and they got deployed. By the time the unit got to it he had maxed out age wise so he missed his opportunity. He is now a recruiter in KY.

Back