My Random TV Thread

Finished Reacher season 2. Even though the writing was not as strong as season 1, overall I enjoyed it as I read all the books and like seeing them come alive on screen. I’ve read online a few places that season 3 will be based on “Worth Dying For”. I’m hoping that is true as it is one of my favorite Reacher books.

I was reluctant to give Reacher a go because I thought it would be kind of cheesy. It is, but not nothing like what I expected. There's actual character development? Didn't expect much to be honest.

The show's pretty good and I'm looking forward to Season 3.

Season 1 - 3.5 out of 5 bags of feed because of Willa Fitzgerald's pokies.
Season 2 - 3 out of 5 microchips because of a lack of Serinda Swan's pokies.

Safe on Netflix, another Harlan Coben story but from 2018. Casting wasn't bad (Michael C. Hall aka Dexter as an Englishman? lol). The premise wasn't bad (a dad's search for his missing daughter), but the writing/ story?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

(insert picture of a turd here)

I get it, fiction is just that so creative license is a given as are plot holes. This series had more holes than a Hungarian gang bang. The police were less competent than Uvalde, story points happened for no rhyme or reason, and I did mention the police? Two people are missing, all sorts of violent crime and dead bodies start dropping, and they're like "Nah, fam, we need to look into this already questionable pedo case". "Investigating a crime scene, but I break off to handle personal stuff while the rookie works the case? Then I rip the rookie for botching the case"? My wife, half out of it from a cold/ fever and more tolerant of this crap than I was even complaining. We're not talking one or two overall instances, we're talking 2-3 (often major) an episode; well outside of something I'd tolerate.

Skip this one unless you want to experience this post for yourself. I warned you.

2 out of 5 "Why the fuck did they employ a hairdresser" hair styles.

I started watching Suits during a recent cross-country plane ride, for no reason other than I've heard of the show, and the episodes were easily-downloadable on Netflix.

I... like it. I think the plot is interesting, the acting is good, and the dialogue is interesting and witty. One of the main actresses is Zoe from another favorite series of mine, Firefly. This was also my first experience with Megan Markle as an actress rather than a "look at me I married a prince... now give me my privacy" uber-douche. She's a good actress.

Last edited:
I started watching Suits during a recent cross-country plane ride, for no reason other than I've heard of the show, and the episodes were easily-downloadable on Netflix.

I... like it. I think the plot is interesting, the acting is good, and the dialogue is interesting and witty. One of the main actresses is Zoe from another favorite series of mine, Firefly. This was also my first experience with Megan Markle as an actress rather than a "look at me I married a prince... not give me my privacy" uber-douche. She's a good actress.

I love the series. Donna's character is criminally underrated, Gabriel Macht wrapped Suits and disappeared with his wife and kids. Megan Markle went from "Get in my basement" to "fire into the sun now".

I won't go any further with that because "spoilers" and all. It is a cheesy, entertaining show with really great characters.

I love the series. Donna's character is criminally underrated, Gabriel Macht wrapped Suits and disappeared with his wife and kids. Megan Markle went from "Get in my basement" to "fire into the sun now".

I won't go any further with that because "spoilers" and all. It is a cheesy, entertaining show with really great characters.
I liked up until the start of season 7. Great show but it needed to end.

Watched Episode 1 of Masters of the Air last night. Seems good but not in par with Band of Brothers or the Pacific so far. Maybe that will change as the series goes on.

<a few more episodes since my last post>

THEY FIRED DONNA!!!??? WTF

luther rage GIF

My kid says I need to watch Ray Donovan. This particular child was the one that turned me on to GOT years ago...but his tastes have led me astray a few times. Anybody?

I've gotten to the point where I won't invest the time watching the first 3 episodes of any series trying to decide if I'm going to like it. From now on I only bet on the winners. Gotta get me by S1 E2 or I'm smoke.

My kid says I need to watch Ray Donovan. This particular child was the one that turned me on to GOT years ago...but his tastes have led me astray a few times. Anybody?

I've gotten to the point where I won't invest the time watching the first 3 episodes of any series trying to decide if I'm going to like it. From now on I only bet on the winners. Gotta get me by S1 E2 or I'm smoke.
well... did that particular child like the final season of GOT? Because if so, then I don't think you can take any watch suggestions from them ever again. ;)

I started Ray Donovan, but stopped after 3-4 episodes. This stone cold problem solver has a brother who is such an annoying douche. Said douche constantly fucks up and the stone cold problem solver does anything but deal with the brother. This creates problems for their entire family and I found something else to watch.

Back