My Random TV Thread

Fallout... I have over a thousand hours across F3 and F4 (probably 2k+). I'm one episode into the series and see some changes, but that shouldn't dissuade you or others from giving it a shot. Gamer nerd me appreciates how they are tying together the back story.

Video game nerds to the VG's story and canon will go nuts, but the average gamer/consumer?

Watch the series, play the game, watch the doco. F3, F3:New Vegas.

So glad to hear that. We don't have Hulu or whatever it's on so we have to wait for Amazon or Netflix to pick it up. The book is fucking awesome.

I got the audio book back before all my January driving, in large part due to your review of it. I think it was 63hrs long. Finished it that month, and it was damn good!

The show has followed the book (only seen the first 3.5 episodes), however, you do lose out on a fair amount by not hearing the inner thoughts of the individual characters. But, that always happens when books go to film. Along with the inevitable cutting/compression of certain "scenes".

I think you'll thoroughly enjoy the series when it hits your preferred platform. I know I'm enjoying it, and probably more so with the book being fresh.

I got the audio book back before all my January driving, in large part due to your review of it. I think it was 63hrs long. Finished it that month, and it was damn good!

I actually emailed Ralph Lister, the actor who did it, I was so impressed. He wrote me back and thanked me. He said he never heard from listeners and was extremely grateful.

It must have taken months to record it, hours and hours in studio, multiple takes. A prodigious job.

Back