National Guard SOF

So what your saying is that if I can find an opening for a SOF unit or deployment that I can ask or apply to go with that unit? Where can I find these opportunities or who to speak with?

Actually what I was saying is, you are a boot, don't know shit about shit, and if you want to do something cool part time, you should look at all your options....in other words I'm trying to help you understand the world's you're asking about, and I do not appreciate your lack of attention...you will always have to earn your keep, regardless of where you go-or don't.

wow you know what for the finest your area has to offer you are the 2nd asshole I have come across.
Tell me again- how long have you been in the Army?

By the way, you shouldn't worry about your GT score. You'd be better off concentrating on improving your grammar. It's atrocious.
Your a fuckin asshole too, what is it with you people. had the account for maybe a week and have had to deal 3 dicks so far. whats the point of having this site if you just shit on people trying to do something good.

What is it with us? This board is populated by professionals--the very people you say you want to emulate.

As a former NCO to an aspiring one, I offered you the mildest possible form of NCOPD and you lost your temper. I can't imagine how you'd react to something approaching even moderate NCOPD. In short, you're demonstrating traits that are not compatible with being a good NCO.

Last edited:
wow you know what for the finest your area has to offer you are the 2nd asshole I have come across.

Your a fuckin asshole too, what is it with you people. had the account for maybe a week and have had to deal 3 dicks so far. whats the point of having this site if you just shit on people trying to do something good.
Hey clown shoe, no shit, you're the dumbass. You got advice and than you acted like a boot. Constructive criticism may have missed your "boot" ass. So please know, I hope you make it through your bullshit night....I am actually dealing with a sick 5 year old, otherwise I'd be asleep. So please go fuck yourself, you ain't worth my time. ;-)

What is it with us? This board is populated by professionals--the very people you say you want to emulate.

As a former NCO to an aspiring one, I offered you the mildest possible form of NCOPD possible and you lost your temper. I can't imagine how you'd react to something approaching even moderate NCOPD. In short, you're demonstrating traits that are not compatible with being a good NCO.

Word....

You win some, you lose some. your a dick im a dick. It's just the way it is. We all come different areas and are raised differently.

@BeauRing3336 you came here looking for advice and you've been spoon fed far more than we reasonably tolerate. Knock off the petty bickering; either focus and tighten your shot group, or stop talking.

@BeauRing3336 you came here looking for advice and you've been spoon fed far more than we reasonably tolerate. Knock off the petty bickering; either focus and tighten your shot group, or stop talking.
You can look at all my discussions sir or ma'am I have tried to fix the issues I have had with the other 2 persons. They did not want to "break bread" even after trying to clarify myself. I have left them alone thus far.

Yeah my bad on this one. Acted out of line there is no way around it, I took it as a personal attack but I'm seeing the same people That trash on others. I didn't realize how angry some people are.

Don't sweat it man Policemedic tried the same shit with me back when I first signed on here. He likes insulting people and using big words which is what he did when I showed up. There are a few others who are about the same.

Seems people forgot the three Ps

Polite
Professional
Penis envy

Shadowspear =s voice your opinion and be berated for it. Everyone wants to be king of the hill and a little banter isn't welcome.
Roger that, Thanks for the heads up.

Don't sweat it man Policemedic tried the same shit with me back when I first signed on here. He likes insulting people and using big words which is what he did when I showed up. There are a few others who are about the same.

Polite
Professional
Penis envy

Shadowspear =s voice your opinion and be berated for it. Everyone wants to be king of the hill and a little banter isn't welcome.

Don't stop there. By all means, feel free to continue with the rest of your list. :rolleyes:

This thread goes back to the OP, or gets locked down. The personal attacks stop now.! If you want to continue with them, take it to pm.

I don't like dogpiling after another staff member or overruling them, but I'm locking this turd.

So please go fuck yourself, you ain't worth my time. ;-)

What the hell is this exchange?!?!?!?! For two NCO's you are both acting like a couple of teenage PFC's or some bro-bros in college. "No one is more professional than I," right? Jesus Christ, I don't care why this happened and I don't need an explanation so don't PM me. Learn from this and drive on. I can't even believe I have to type this and I'm going to dock you both a few warning points. I know I've told people to fuck off and worse, but this thread can't even be close to that threshold. You two know better.

Polite
Professional
Penis envy

So you have a problem with the site and didn't bother to say anything to the staff? You've had some personality clashes here and I get that. It happens and it doesn't make someone a bad person. How they handle it is a different story and as a former NCO in a SOF unit I'd like to think you're better than this. Dissention is one thing but the way you handled this exchange doesn't fly. Plenty of members have voiced their displeasure to me or about me and I know the staff works to address those complaints,. Believe it or not, we have made changes which is why your posts here are uncalled for.

-----

As for the rest of the thread everyone, what the hell? Make your point(s) and move on. This back and forth is counterproductive and quite frankly, many of the staff are getting tired of the "banter." New members or old members y'all need to knock that shit off. Make a point and move on. Arguing over some of the petty nonsense rarely changes people, makes us look petty (notice the repetition?), and pisses off others for what gain? Seriously, what are we gaining from this crap? I'd love to hear THAT in a PM. Otherwise, "check yo' self before you wreck yo' self."

I'm pissed I had to type this and it is addressed to so many former NCO's. Smoke yourselves. Also, PLEASE feel free to point out my typing mistakes. If you think this post is rough, make a run at me...and those of you who have met me know this isn't an internet tough guy thing.

Jesus titty fucking Christ....

If some of you still have constructive advice for the OP, here's your chance. All of the previous banter is behind us, we shan't dredge it up, right?

Reopened. What is dead may never die.

Just for the fact I don't know what my rank will translate into. I work with a few AF guys and gal who are Security forces and one TACP and JTAC.
I never saw anyone E-5 and below lose rank.
I have to ask the question, what's more important to you? Rank or Mission?
I had numerous NCO's transfer over from the Army Guard (LRS) because they saw more deployment opportunities (SOWT) and we managed to get them promoted within a few years.

I had numerous NCO's transfer over from the Army Guard (LRS) because they saw more deployment opportunities (SOWT) and we managed to get them promoted within a few years.
That is really good news. the mission always comes first. I'm at the age where I'm looking to get to the next level and learn something new.

Call the recruiter at 19th or 20th Group HQ and ask them directly. They know the process inside and out. All of the SOF support positions (with the exception of some special areas) are at HHC and GSB (Group Support Battalion) which are both directly controlled at the Group level.

eta: since your location is NC, you want the 20th SFG recruiter. Start with B/1/20 since they are local and get the real scoop. 984-661-0044

20th SFG (A) Group Support Battalion is Headquartered in Gadsden, Alabama, Main line contact info is (256) 680-3660
A Company (SVC&DISTRO/ RIGGER DET) is also co-located in Gadsden, Alabama/ Main Line (256) 680-3676
B Company (MAINT) is located in Vincent, Alabama/ Main Line (205) 986-9051
C Company (MED) is located in Homewood, Alabama/ Main Line/ (205) 243-9349
D Company (FSC) is located in Montgomery, Alabama/ Main Line (334) 450-0704
good copy I have the info. thanks for the help.

Yeah, you need like a 10+ year break in service like I had before you have to worry about something like that.

Back