Prior Marine Shooting for 18x Path

Hey guys, this is anecdotal, but I was at SFAS with a couple guard guys that were very late 30s and a class leader (for a short time anyway) was 42, I believe. It seems to be a case by case basis for the guard. Similar to the commissioning ages. Again, just what I’ve seen and heard. Don’t take it as gospel.

Hey guys, this is anecdotal, but I was at SFAS with a couple guard guys that were very late 30s and a class leader (for a short time anyway) was 42, I believe. It seems to be a case by case basis for the guard. Similar to the commissioning ages. Again, just what I’ve seen and heard. Don’t take it as gospel.

That sounds promising. Thanks for the info.

Good deal. I've heard a mixed bag. I've heard age is just a number and If you put out good results then you're golden. I've also heard that they don't want someone in their late thirties/early forties on a team because their time is limited. After being beat down so much eventually your body (and mine) will begin to break down. It looks like it's a question of when those signs start showing if you are ready to accept your situation, or keep going and the team suffers if/when your body does break. This always seems to be a case-by-case basis. If you're a stud of a 37 year old and have no history of any major issues then you should be golden. I'm banking on me not having any knee, or back issues either. It also looks like being physically fit can serve as a way to make your body more resilient to breaking. I also have a mental health hurdle to climb which is why I have to wait a year to push my package through again. God speed to you bro. I guess we just put our nose to the grindstone and see what happens.

Good deal. I've heard a mixed bag. I've heard age is just a number and If you put out good results then you're golden. I've also heard that they don't want someone in their late thirties/early forties on a team because their time is limited. After being beat down so much eventually your body (and mine) will begin to break down. It looks like it's a question of when those signs start showing if you are ready to accept your situation, or keep going and the team suffers if/when your body does break. This always seems to be a case-by-case basis. If you're a stud of a 37 year old and have no history of any major issues then you should be golden. I'm banking on me not having any knee, or back issues either. It also looks like being physically fit can serve as a way to make your body more resilient to breaking. I also have a mental health hurdle to climb which is why I have to wait a year to push my package through again. God speed to you bro. I guess we just put our nose to the grindstone and see what happens.

Nothing worth having was ever easy. I'm no physical stud by any stretch, however, outside of just being a out of shape I'm fortunate I don't have any serious past injuries or anything. It's just getting myself back to fighting condition is my hurdle. Even with that though if you saw me you wouldn't guess I'm not in shape haha. I'm an oddball, I jokingly tell people I'm aging backwards. I'm highly fortunate and blessed in that regard for sure considering the mileage I have on me. We both know if someone wants it bad enough nothing is impossible. Just gotta keep pushing forward. Best of luck to you brother, keep us all updated on here on how it goes. This site has been a God send for putting me on the right heading. Tons of valuable information in here from all these guys who have done it.

Being that you are from the Knoxville area you might look into the 2d BN, 19th GRP as they have a unit in West Virginia. Back in the day, I'm old, I worked with the 11th when that Grp was in Charleston, WV. I was in recruiting then. Years later I was put back on recruiting and worked with the 12th in Kansas. Since WV isn't that far you could drive for drills. I have a couple of friends that make the drive from DC. I'm not that far from Knoxville and brief shippers families a few times a month at MEPS for the Red Cross.

Being that you are from the Knoxville area you might look into the 2d BN, 19th GRP as they have a unit in West Virginia. Back in the day, I'm old, I worked with the 11th when that Grp was in Charleston, WV. I was in recruiting then. Years later I was put back on recruiting and worked with the 12th in Kansas. Since WV isn't that far you could drive for drills. I have a couple of friends that make the drive from DC. I'm not that far from Knoxville and brief shippers families a few times a month at MEPS for the Red Cross.
I didn't realize that, I'll have to look into them. Thanks for the info.

Appreciate letting me know what you find out. Check the web as there could be some contact names and phone numbers.
Sorry for the late response. I will absolutely keep you posted. I sent them an email for info probably 2-3 weeks ago now, no response as of yet. I sent the email through 19th Special Forces Group (A) in UTAH | Prior Service, I did find their phone number though so think I'll just shoot them a call and have a conversation.

Sorry for the late response. I will absolutely keep you posted. I sent them an email for info probably 2-3 weeks ago now, no response as of yet. I sent the email through 19th Special Forces Group (A) in UTAH | Prior Service, I did find their phone number though so think I'll just shoot them a call and have a conversation.
You might want to go to the WV facebook site. There is a phone# for contact. Go to West Virginia Army National Guard 2/19th Special Forces Recruiting

Hey everyone,

quick update: I had to get back on meds for high blood pressure. I’ve worked with various recruiters and even looked at the various medical waivers and it seems as if this dream is done.

Thanks for your support and help on this thread. I wish you the best of luck @sgtcoxjb

Hey everyone,

quick update: I had to get back on meds for high blood pressure. I’ve worked with various recruiters and even looked at the various medical waivers and it seems as if this dream is done.

Thanks for your support and help on this thread. I wish you the best of luck @sgtcoxjb
Sucks to hear man, but glad that you seem to be taking it in stride.

Back