Syria Thread

^ Except the fuckin Turks are using Muslim militias, filled with ISIS and Al Qaeda fighters to battle the Kurds. Again, fuck Turkey. They are not our friends.

^ Except the fuckin Turks are using Muslim militias, filled with ISIS and Al Qaeda fighters to battle the Kurds. Again, fuck Turkey. They are not our friends.
Me? Cause I agree, Turkey sucks. Heck, that entire region of the world sucks including Europe. Well, maybe not all Europe. One could argue this Syria business is a EU problem.

Last edited:
Those pesky Kurds will side with anybody.

Survival instinct is kicking in. You know you were just left by your big brother (USA) and so you go find the closest biggest dude you can to help you no matter the cost to fight with you. I can't say I blame them. They know they can't beat off a Turkish invasion (and quite possibly the Syrians can't either) but if Turkey pushes in too deep against the Syrian Army then it's now a real war, no longer proxy groups fighting the Syrian Army. That's where Russia steps in and gets real combat experience for their military to test out their new equipment they've been developing the past 10 years.

Last edited:
Trump: FAKE NEWS!
Media: OMG! He's so biased! We do not fake the news!
ABC News: Hold my beer.

I've said it for years that the media is vermin out for ratings and damn the facts. Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite, men who had their bias, would spin in their graves if they saw what the Fourth Estate has become.

Just remember all of this the next time you want to single source a major "news" story. They're vermin trying to make us their puppets...and in a large sense we are already there.

That's actually hilarious that they got called out. That's embarrassment at the highest level. Do I think it will curtail future clown shoe incidents? Nope. Do I think they deserved it? Yes. Was it funny that they got called out? Hell yes. That's all I have to say.

This in no way looks anything like Hearst and Pulitzer publishing biased news stories about Cuba prior to the start of the Spanish American War.

Hopefully we can get past the formalities and initiate a large scale conflict based on errant reporting and emotion sooner than later.

Trump: FAKE NEWS!
Media: OMG! He's so biased! We do not fake the news!
ABC News: Hold my beer.

I've said it for years that the media is vermin out for ratings and damn the facts. Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite, men who had their bias, would spin in their graves if they saw what the Fourth Estate has become.

Just remember all of this the next time you want to single source a major "news" story. They're vermin trying to make us their puppets...and in a large sense we are already there.

Meh. Apparently we’ve been here before.

1571177027709.jpg

Seems like it's a logistical nightmare on the ground just to try and pull out in the given time table.

The 1,000 elite US troops in Syria are making a chaotic and demoralizing retreat after Trump canceled their mission

Wherever we go, even if we intend to go in light, we always seem to accumulate a lot of baggage. So yes, sir, absolutely, a logistical mess. Last December, when Gen. Mattis resigned, one of his arguments against the President's hasty withdrawal order was the time it would take to make it happen.

(Incidentally, the source of the article sounds credible but I wince when I read stuff like: "The official — who is under orders not to discuss the situation with the media — expressed frustration at the past week of conflicting orders from top US officials.")

Seems like it's a logistical nightmare on the ground just to try and pull out in the given time table.

The 1,000 elite US troops in Syria are making a chaotic and demoralizing retreat after Trump canceled their mission
Did we even have a route to the sea? We were basically isolated and airlifted into the area. Kind of a really shitty mission idea for when you need to withdraw.

Wherever we go, even if we intend to go in light, we always seem to accumulate a lot of baggage. So yes, sir, absolutely, a logistical mess. Last December, when Gen. Mattis resigned, one of his arguments against the President's hasty withdrawal order was the time it would take to make it happen.

(Incidentally, the source of the article sounds credible but I wince when I read stuff like: "The official — who is under orders not to discuss the situation with the media — expressed frustration at the past week of conflicting orders from top US officials.")

There once was a time we knew how to withdraw, at least on paper.

Back