3 Killed in Jordan

A bit late on that move. My only real question is whether or not Biden (or whomever) is going to do something that will actually send a message--say, a string of Durandals right down the middle of Mehrabad or Khomeini for all Terhan to see--or we get more pointless whack-a-mole people-we-don't-like plinking.
We are in a very tenuous position politically. We have the weakest president in my adult life sitting in the White House. He is EXTREMELY vulnerable politically. An increasing number of people, not only in the US but around the world, think he is feebleminded. One thing that such a president might do is to try to shore up domestic support by doing something really big militarily. Something like... I don't know a daring rescue mission to free American hostages held prisoner in the Middle East (Carter). Or launching a bunch of missiles at a bunch of meaningless terrorist camps in the desert (Clinton). Or attack a hostile country's naval vessels, or their nuclear facilities. Something splashy to shut up domestic critics constantly calling on him to DO SOMETHING.

...and that could totally blow up in our faces and into a major regional conflict, where a whole bunch of other US service members, who AREN'T named "Biden" or "Obama" or "Pelosi" or "Trump" are going to die.

We are in a very tenuous position politically. We have the weakest president in my adult life sitting in the White House. He is EXTREMELY vulnerable politically. An increasing number of people, not only in the US but around the world, think he is feebleminded. One thing that such a president might do is to try to shore up domestic support by doing something really big militarily. Something like... I don't know a daring rescue mission to free American hostages held prisoner in the Middle East (Carter). Or launching a bunch of missiles at a bunch of meaningless terrorist camps in the desert (Clinton). Or attack a hostile country's naval vessels, or their nuclear facilities. Something splashy to shut up domestic critics constantly calling on him to DO SOMETHING.

...and that could totally blow up in our faces and into a major regional conflict, where a whole bunch of other US service members, who AREN'T named "Biden" or "Obama" or "Pelosi" or "Trump" are going to die.
I keep checking to see what the response was. These things tend to happen quickly, except when they don't....

I keep checking to see what the response was. These things tend to happen quickly, except when they don't....
I think Iran realizes that they fucked up and that they're not ready for a smackdown, not over this.

My hope is that there is a lot of behind-the-scenes negotiations and a lot of folks sweating.

One thing we better get out of this is the release of all US hostages held by Hamas, and the free passage of any US citizens in Gaza who want to leave.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. No one in their right mind would want a major war with Iran. I believe a weak response here will fall short and simply encourage more of this deadly horseshit.

Pfft - I'm still waiting to be proven wrong about my forecast that we are going to do NOTHING to the Persians except MAYBE make a few speeches and threaten to outlaw the import of majick carpets

Otherwise, go eat your peas aMEriKa - we the people counted 81 million votes knowing that this was EXACTLY what we were going to get...
...81 million votes because Orange Man bad

So shut the fuck up American and take your medicine
President Joe Biden is on the job - and he is backed up by Vice President Kamala Harris
Lets finish the job
Biden/Harris in 2024
and again in 2028 for that matter

Where is Kamala? Talk about someone being scarce.

This is something I've worked hard over the past few days to make sure the junior guys around me understand.

Razing Tehran sounds like a great idea until we're stuck in Middle East Quagmire #3. Unfortunately I think drone tech is quickly starting to surpass our ADA capabilities and this sort of (sucessful) attack is only going to become more commonplace.

I think Iran realizes that they fucked up and that they're not ready for a smackdown, not over this.

My hope is that there is a lot of behind-the-scenes negotiations and a lot of folks sweating.

One thing we better get out of this is the release of all US hostages held by Hamas, and the free passage of any US citizens in Gaza who want to leave.
I also wonder how much control Iran has over their proxies. I suspect they are aligned, except when they are not. It wouldn’t surprise me, for example, if they didn’t know about the October 7th attacks. Fighting through proxies is like hunting with dogs. You can train them to do what you want but you lose a lot of awareness and control when you let them off the leash.

"Iran has denied involvement in attacks by Iraqi groups."

You don't say. Well the problem here, Iran, is that it's a little late to distance yourself from a group to whom you've given training, weapons, logistic and intelligence support; and since your IRGC-Qods Force has given guidance to KH operations...just maybe your little denial sounds a bit hollow.

When the Iranians used a mine to damage a ship, without fatalities no less, Reagan went out and sunk or damaged about half of Iran's navy.

We have 3 dead (I won't even get into other casualties caused by Iran), so I cannot wait for us to hit Iran with a wet piece of spaghetti. And release more money. And allow them to continue a nuclear weapons program. And shut down the world's shipping lanes. And support terrorist groups. And...I'm tired of typing.

When the Iranians used a mine to damage a ship, without fatalities no less, Reagan went out and sunk or damaged about half of Iran's navy.

We have 3 dead (I won't even get into other casualties caused by Iran), so I cannot wait for us to hit Iran with a wet piece of spaghetti. And release more money. And allow them to continue a nuclear weapons program. And shut down the world's shipping lanes. And support terrorist groups. And...I'm tired of typing.
Trump stopped Milley from starting a war with Iran...Milley has the carte blanche ability to start one right now. Dementia ridden POTUS, Absent VPOTUS, Absent SECDEF, Absent SECSTATE...I think the only secretary that isn't awol is the one who went awol in 2021...Mayor Pete.

Trump stopped Milley from starting a war with Iran...Milley has the carte blanche ability to start one right now. Dementia ridden POTUS, Absent VPOTUS, Absent SECDEF, Absent SECSTATE...I think the only secretary that isn't awol is the one who went awol in 2021...Mayor Pete.

I was in the region at the time, so I'm curious about the how and when of Milley's attempted war. And how does Milley have carte blanche now? He's retired.

Where is Kamala? Talk about someone being scarce.

Let's be honest here - do you REALLY think America needs her weighing in on the state of things.
Isn't this the same politicians that rallied to the cause of the derelicts that overthrew their local government and created the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone under the guise of protesting the death of a career drug addicting criminal that had ingested a lethal dose of fentanyl and resisted arrest?
- The one that rallied for the continuation of CHAZ like protests around the country?
- The one that asked a NASA if you could pinpoint racism and bogotry from outer space based on how many tress were planted in a neighborhood?
- The one that cackles out nonsense word salad like a professional auctioneer.

No thanks - I am 100% on board with her being AWOL.

hashtagdeadinside

I was in the region at the time, so I'm curious about the how and when of Milley's attempted war. And how does Milley have carte blanche now? He's retired.
After the RQ-4 shoot down. DoD (Milley) pressed hard for a "kinetic" response.
Trump didn't do anything IIRC.
Trump also came out after leaving office and said Milley constantly pushed him to go to war with Iran.

Back