Navy SEAL who killed Osama Bin Laden to reveal identity on Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was the typical lull in a case study that we were in the middle of. Did one actually get finished??

It's disgusting honestly.

I know guys in the teams who truly live the creed "I do not advertise my work nor seek recognition for my actions"...and it's a shame that such a small percentage of these guys are getting such a huge amount of publicity and casting a huge shadow over the entire community. It's spiraled completely out of control since 2011. It's almost as if there is absolutely no mystique at all anymore surrounding NSW, a community that was once the most concealed in SOF.

@dmcgill , agreed.

But...what came first, the chicken or the egg? I used to believe that the Marcinko books opened this can of worms. No way, not anymore. I would submit that the Govt. caused this title wave by turning the SEAL's into a recruiting tool. All the access given for "becomming a SEAL..." type documentaries, assistance with video games and movies, etc.

Who can blame some of these guys when they are watching everyone else profit off of, and publicly take credit for their exploits? It has to be amazingly frustrating. Understand, I'm not defending them (completely) but the hypocrisy must be maddening.

@dmcgill , agreed.

But...what came first, the chicken or the egg? I used to believe that the Marcinko books opened this can of worms. No way, not anymore. I would submit that the Govt. caused this title wave by turning the SEAL's into a recruiting tool. All the access given for "becomming a SEAL..." type documentaries, assistance with video games and movies, etc.

Who can blame some of these guys when they are watching everyone else profit off of, and publicly take credit for their exploits? It has to be amazingly frustrating. Understand, I'm not defending them (completely) but the hypocrisy must be maddening.
Just (re) watched Act of Valor last night.
The Navy was all in for a recruiting movie, but somehow individuals should be "QP's"?
I am not condoning this SEAL going on Fox (think it's not a smart move), but management should look in the mirror before yelling at their Sailors.

You have a creed, you live and work by it, and refer to it in times of peril and uncertainty. I think right now the only component in SOF who legitimately honors their creed religiously are the Rangers. God bless them.

The Navy has released a statement in regards to NSW members discussing classified information. All signs seem to point to Rob O'Neil as the SEAL who was featured in the Esquire article.

Last edited:
The Navy has released a statement naming Rob O'Neil as the SEAL who was featured in the Esquire article.
I thought it would turn out to be the Senior Chief. Do you have the release the navy gave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back