Navy SEAL who killed Osama Bin Laden to reveal identity on Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the reasons for these guys not to go about this the way they have, security is the worst. I have a hard time believing that someone is going to go through the effort of doing a hit on one of these guys, when it would be much more bang for the buck to just go over to their compound and stage an attack.

Agreed; I don't see it as a reason for paranoia. That also doesn't make for a good reason to be the first test case...

@goon175 , I'll accept that you may be more looped in than I, but I'm surprised that you would dismiss the security concern so easily. What an energizer it would be for radical Islam if they could claim they took out not only a SEAL in on the OBL raid, but the man who claims to be the shooter. And on American soil.

On the other hand, if they don't...then I guess that answers that question about how orgainzed "they" really are here in the US or not. That and that fact that there are not coffee shops and buses blowing up every week.

Of all the reasons for these guys not to go about this the way they have, security is the worst. I have a hard time believing that someone is going to go through the effort of doing a hit on one of these guys, when it would be much more bang for the buck to just go over to their compound and stage an attack.

Unless it's a lone wolf attack, which is more likely and easy to plan and pull off.

What wanna be terrorist wouldn't want to go down in history as the man who killed Bin Laden's killer?

Or hit an elementary school. If an ex-SEAL is targeted, many Americans will say "he deserved it". If they hit an elementary school in the middle of nowhere...

Unless it's a lone wolf attack, which is more likely and easy to plan and pull off.
What wanna be terrorist wouldn't want to go down in history as the man who killed Bin Laden's killer?

What about being the American who killed Bin Laden's killer's killer? 8-)

When you were issued a clearance, you made a promise and swore an oath to safe guard national secrets. Regardless of what someone in the WH does, one of their staffers, the media or anyone else for that matter, that does not give anyone a free pass to do it because "Well, everyone else is doing it." Until the proper classification authority declassifies it, you are still bound by both agreement and law, to safe guard it. No ifs, ands or buts last time I checked. You want to break ranks and open your pneumonia hole? I for one, will have no sympathy if and when they decide to make you an example and prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law.

And until it does, this kind of disclosure will continue.

It's possible... I think the more likely case would be a re-run of the "Pvt. Rigby" scenario. Less effort, more effect in the way of "it could happen to YOU" = more terror. A coordinated attack on a target who drew attention to himself just doesn't have the same ring... JM2C.

If you are in an SOF Unit, you have a clearance.... You are supposed to be a QUIET Professional, you've signed NDAs and have taken a second oath not to reveal National Secrets. Sorry, your fame does not trump the oaths and National Security. Leavenworth ought to be in your future, not millions for movies and speeches and interviews. Any money gained ought to go to organizations that support wounded or displaced veterans.

When you were issued a clearance, you made a promise and swore an oath to safe guard national secrets. Regardless of what someone in the WH does, one of their staffers, the media or anyone else for that matter, that does not give anyone a free pass to do it because "Well, everyone else is doing it." Until the proper classification authority declassifies it, you are still bound by both agreement and law, to safe guard it. No ifs, ands or buts last time I checked. You want to break ranks and open your pneumonia hole? I for one, will have no sympathy if and when they decide to make you an example and prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law.

And until it does, this kind of disclosure will continue.

This.........and fuck Robert O'Neill.

Well...no more internet stories...it's hit the main-stream...all other opinions aside, if I'm FOX...I'm fucking pissed at someone (his dad?) So much for the big scoop...

Well, Fuck Fox and I'd say that regardless of the source. These news vermin know what they are doing and do we think Fox announced it so far in advance because they care or because they want people to tune in so they can recoup some of their investment? It wasn't "Tonight on Blowjobs and Blondes we have the exclusive..." it was announced almost two weeks in advance? Do we think Fox has never heard of an NDA?

Fuck the news vermin and their profit-driven motives. They knew what they we doing, so they can reap the backlash.

c'mon.....the media is innocent and only strives to speak the truth and fight for the common man.........truth and justice......exposing the corruption of governments, the savior of the poor......

*sarcasm intended, of course.

Reactions: AWP
Today, on Jerry Springer. This SEAL says he shot Bin Laden, but his former teammate and fellow PNG'd SEAL says HE shot Bin Laden! So which one of these egotistical and fame-seeking prima donnas really did pull the trigger? The truth will shock you!!! And at the center of it all is the elementary school argument that "he started it". Both SEALs claim they deserve to violate whatever NDAs and oaths they want because other people have done it. Is this valid, or should both of them grow up and take some responsibility for contributing to a growing problem? You, the audience, will get the chance to weigh in during the show. Now, let's bring out the shooter-princesses!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/who-shot-bin-laden-tale-two-seals-n241241

Today, on Jerry Springer. This SEAL says he shot Bin Laden, but his former teammate and fellow PNG'd SEAL says HE shot Bin Laden! So which one of these egotistical and fame-seeking prima donnas really did pull the trigger? The truth will shock you!!! And at the center of it all is the elementary school argument that "he started it". Both SEALs claim they deserve to violate whatever NDAs and oaths they want because other people have done it. Is this valid, or should both of them grow up and take some responsibility for contributing to a growing problem? You, the audience, will get the chance to weigh in during the show. Now, let's bring out the shooter-princesses!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/who-shot-bin-laden-tale-two-seals-n241241

I hope Jerry shows the results of the DNA test and/polygraph to find out who the father (of this CF) is.

It's possible... I think the more likely case would be a re-run of the "Pvt. Rigby" scenario. Less effort, more effect in the way of "it could happen to YOU" = more terror. A coordinated attack on a target who drew attention to himself just doesn't have the same ring... JM2C.

That will happen regardless, it's just a matter of time.

And in another classic twist, Matt Bissonnette is now suing his attorneys! "He was devoted to not disclosing anything he thought could be used by America's enemies. To insure he complied with all his obligations of confidentiality, he sought out legal counsel to advise him," the lawsuit said. Ummm.....if you were really that worried, Matt, why didn't you just not write the book in the first place?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/f0a9...11a4d/author-bin-laden-book-sues-ex-attorneys

“Everybody and their brother was talking about this,” said Bissonnette. “How can you be holding it against me?”

What a bitch.

This topic has been up for discussion in my neck of the woods for the past few days and the one thing we land on is how do you sell out like this? MB seems to defend himself by referring to previous politicians and officers writing books but this just comes off as a shitty excuse to me. From a pure boots on the ground-perspective, after x amount of years and in the top tier to boot, why would you decide to throw it all away? Over money? ....

My point is in my line of work the biggest setbacks come from politicians and higherups saying no to things that need to be done in order to cover their own asses in the face of public opinion. So to use the fact that these same guys are writing books to justify you spilling classified information and selling out your buddies is just beyond me and no matter how hard I try I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back