Navy SEAL who killed Osama Bin Laden to reveal identity on Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.
That letter doesn't name anyone and the article even states "more than likely" which tells me everyone's making educated guesses, but guesses all the same.

I don't see anything that has the Navy naming/identifying anyone.
Please clarify.

Read his speaker bio on the link I posted on the other page, and then reread the Esquire article. There are a lot of similarities between the two. Then Google his name and read some more about him.

@FF, agreed.

Read his speaker bio on the link I posted on the other page, and then reread the Esquire article. There are a lot of similarities between the two. Then Google his name and read some more about him.

@FF, agreed.

You said, the Navy identified him. I don't see anything you posted or what I can find to back up that claim.
Please post something that has the Navy identifying him, not hearsay, or go back and edit your post that makes that claim.
You should know by now that you are required to back up claims like that on SS, we don't allow internet rumors to be presented as facts here.

He has now...by his old man.

What a cluster-fuck.

Navy SEAL killed bin Laden Rob O'Neill inspired Hollywood

His father said he was proud of his son's service and backed his decision to go public

Read full article

The Navy hero is set to give a full interview to Fox News later this month and waive his anonymity but MailOnline has established that he is Rob O'Neill, a highly-decorated veteran who quit after 16 years service.

In an exclusive interview Rob's father, Tom O'Neill, tells MailOnline, 'People are asking if we are worried that ISIS will come and get us because Rob is going public. I say I'll paint a big target on my front door and say come and get us.'

Rob O'Neill, 38, is a former member of SEAL Team Six who has been portrayed on screen in Zero Dark Thirty, Captain Phillips and Lone Survivor.

His whole premise is bullshit. He got out at 16 years and now he wants to out himself to draw attention to the fact that he doesn't get benefits? You knew that shit for 16 years!!! It's no secret that you gotta do 20 or get medically retired to get the benefits. Come on man.

I listened to the SOFREP podcast about this whole subject tonight. The hosts were pretty hard on both this guy and the dude who wrote No Easy Day. Bottom line, these SEAL's violated their NDA - it does not matter what the president did, what the government did, they are taking credit for something that involved hundreds of men and women to accomplish. One thing I keep thinking about, is that the guys on the podcast are convinced that something ugly is going to break in the next few months about "Six", that reporters are digging into, that would not have been discovered had Bissonnette followed the rules. Depending on what (if anything) comes out - I'm not sure how I feel about that part.

I listened to the SOFREP podcast about this whole subject tonight. The hosts were pretty hard on both this guy and the dude who wrote No Easy Day. Bottom line, these SEAL's violated their NDA - it does not matter what the president did, what the government did, they are taking credit for something that involved hundreds of men and women to accomplish. One thing I keep thinking about, is that the guys on the podcast are convinced that something ugly is going to break in the next few months about "Six", that reporters are digging into, that would not have been discovered had Bissonnette followed the rules. Depending on what (if anything) comes out - I'm not sure how I feel about that part.

The whole situation is a mess... And the media doesn't help the situation either. That last part seems like they're stirring pot.

ZM

They have a lot of skeletons in their closet, to put it lightly.

The thing I keep thinking about is the families.

You want to profit from your experiences by outing yourself, o.k., so be it. I can see how someone arrives at that conclusion.

But it's not just you. Your family is coming along for the ride. And maybe you can be a pistolero if you are shadowed, and yeah maybe you are so quick and well trained you can see bad guys before they see you. Buy you can't be with everyone in your family all the damn time. It's not even just your own wife and kids, it's whoever they hang out with. It's the schools, the plays, the sporting events they participate in. This guy will never go to a school function without constantly glancing at the doors. There won't be a soccer game where he won't be eyeballing every car that pulls in the parking lot, scanning the mobs of people on the sidelines of the football game. Somewhere there's a fanatic who would love the opportunity to do the guy who did Bin Laden.

Just a jumble of thoughts, but I think of that British kid who got waxed in the streets of the UK by some random Islamic shitstain mouthbreather. There are plenty with the will to do something. And they might not be able to get me / you, but there's only one of you to go around.

@JBS , your whole post has been stuck in my head since No Easy Day came out. Do we really feel so insulated here in the USA that we believe bad things cannot happen to us "here"? NDA's, code, and ethos, aside: what about the safety and security of those whom you claim to love? They did not ask to be dragged down this rabbit hole with you, and now you are making them a prime target for some nut-case here in the states. Quite honestly, that is my primary reason for not supporting these guys either in funds (not buying or reading their books) or even spirit when I am asked my opinion.

To me this is not about them being SEAL's or any other SOF unit for that matter, these men are being irresponsible and putting their families in harms way ... in the name of profit. Both financial and notoriety.

Of all the reasons for these guys not to go about this the way they have, security is the worst. I have a hard time believing that someone is going to go through the effort of doing a hit on one of these guys, when it would be much more bang for the buck to just go over to their compound and stage an attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back